After a couple of weeks of what I can only call "chaos," A and I took a much needed weekend away together in Providence. Ten dollar tickets on the commuter rail, an hour in transit, and a few packed weekenders later and we were in a new city and already feeling reenergized. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery, you know?
Last week I started a new job and I am already feeling so much lighter, more balanced, and excited about what's to come. Getting out of town was just what the doctor ordered to keep that refreshed feeling last throughout the weekend. We filled our time with leisurely meals (including a breakfast in bed in our hotel room), a fun fall activity (post on that tomorrow!), and more than a couple of cocktails. It was in a word, blissful.
Since one of my favorite things to see on blogs is "In Her Bag" posts and the like, I thought I'd show you what I packed for our two-day, one-night stay in Rhode Island. I will admit that the leather studded booties and mini blowdryer did not fit in my tote so they stayed behind!
What came along in my new Longchamp Planetes Tote:
- Two cozy sweaters and a polka dot button up, all from J. Crew
- Kate Spade Air Mail bag of toiletries
- Vera Bradley Peacock Makeup Case
- An H&M dress and Forever 21 black skirt (seen here) as date night options
- Underthings and tights (it was freezing!)
- Kate Spade wallet
- Banana Republic Abbey ballet flats